Many conversations I’ve been part of this past week have revolved around what we can and can’t control, and what we can and can’t influence. Neuroscience tells us that having a sense of control, choice and autonomy is important to us as humans. They expand our personal experience of wellbeing. Here are a few reminders of things we each can control today and every day, taken from a list of 50 put out by Tiny Buddha. Check out the full list at https://tinybuddha.com/blog/50-things-you-can-control-right-now
- How many times you smile today.
- How much effort you exert at work.
- Your level of honesty.
- How well you prepare.
- How you act on your feelings.
- How often you say “thank you.”
- When you pull out your wallet for luxuries.
- Whether or not you give someone the benefit of the doubt.
- How you interpret situations.
- Whether or not you compete with people around you.
What will you choose?